January 15 2013

If I’ve been injured in a vehicle accident caused by a family member, can I bring action against them?

The law now permits you to bring action against family members who operate a vehicle carelessly. The vehicle owner’s insurer must pay the injured family member in proper cases.

It is in your family’s best interest to ensure your policy has an “Underinsured Motorist Endorsement (S.E.F. 44)” for $1 million or more. The annual premium for this endorsement is less than the cost of one restaurant meal.